Sunday 4 December 2016

Hand Care In Winter (part two)

Howdy

As a follow-up from my last post, here are some options that may suit you regarding how to keep your hands and nails moisturised.

Daily Moisturiser

I like to use cream by L'Occitane, I find this moisturising and not greasy in any way. You can apply it and then go straight on with your business. There is nothing worse than greasy hands when you need to get on with things.

I keep these everywhere, around the house, in my car and my handbags. I use the 30ml bottles in my everyday bag and car but, as I have quite a few small bags, I prefer to use these small 10ml tubes.

I have visited quite a few L'Occitane shops in England and been told that I was not able to purchase these 10ml tubes unless bought as part of a gift set!

 
So, on my last trip to the US, I asked there and the lady offered me a selection of scents to chose from and said they are available to purchase. Although pound for pound (or dollar for dollar) they do work out more expensive, they are ideal for my small bags so I dont mind.

Once again America saves the day, product-wise. You can purchase these creams from most large department stores or by visiting L'Occitane online.

Hydrating / Instant Relief

Now this cream is good, I personally find this best to use in the evening. It is very thick and almost has a pertrolium jelly type texture and has a medicinal smell. Saying all that, dont be put off, the fact that it is thick means it will soak in slowly and over time has more benefit. The main benefits of this cream are
  • Helps protect, soothe and moisturise skin.
  • Soothes dry skin and provides anti-inflammatory benefits.
  • Soothes and comforts minor weather burns, scrapes and abrasions.
If I have a really dry patch of skin or have a cut, applying this over it helps to hydrate and heal, it helps to take down the redness in your skin and helps the wound to heal quicker.
This is available from larger department stores, boots or from Elizabeth Arden.

For All Over Body

This cream suits any skin type and is suitable for people with eczema and psoriasis. It is great for all over hydration, especially when you get out of the bath or shower. When I go on holiday I no longer use an after sun, I prefer to use this, although I am lucky as I don't burn. My skin seems to benefit more from the moisturing properties found in this cream, compared to an aloe based product thats would be ideal for calming skin and reducing redness.

This product contains some amazing ingredients like oat milk, rose water, cocoa butter and tea tree. All things to help your skin stay hydrated.

I have heard a lot of people (even in my own family) complain about the smells of Lush and although, yes, it can fill up the nostrils (which I love), it has more to offer than people think. They put a lot of thought and effort into their products, so it's not all just sparkly bath bombs and fancy brightly coloured soaps. There are products to suit everyone's individual needs. So why not go in and check the shop out? As soon as your foot enters the shop you will be asked, "Would you like help?" So say "yes" and have a good old chat with the assistant. Why not try a few things out and if its a cream etc that may be £16 or more, ask for a sample. There is no reason why they can't get you one and if you love it you're more likely go back and buy a full size.

I hope this post has been helpful for my readers, these products work very well for me and I'm sure they will work well for many of you too. Dream Cream can be purchased from Lush online or in-store.

Thanks for reading!

Kara xx











No comments:

Post a Comment