Sunday 18 December 2016

Santa Maria Del Sur

Howdy,


If you love steak then you need to have Argentine steak, you can get the best steak from the Santa Maria Del Sur. This quaint little restaurant on Queenstown Road in London is the place to go.

You walk into the smell of meats being cooked and are greeted by very welcoming staff, then are shown to your table and are given a food and drinks menu. There is so much choice, it may take you a minute to decide, anything you are unsure of just ask your waiter. They are very knowledgeable and can advise you on how each cut of meat should be cooked.



We ordered wine and picked a Malbec, I think it is one of the best wines to have with steak. Its quite a creamy wine and once it has time to breathe, goes perfectly with your steak.

You are given fresh bread and a stilton butter which is incredible, I am not a fan of stilton but this is extremely tasty and not overpowering at all in flavour.




For starter I had Carpaccio De Lomo. I am only human and was incredible hungry, so here is what was left when I remembered haha (big blogging fail)















Main meal I had Bife De Lomo without any sauces added, you don't mess up perfection. I had this cooked medium and it just melts in your mouth! So much flavour.







With my steak I shared a side of Papas Fritas with added garlic and parsley. Crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle, the garlic just gives them an extra touch of flavour (no vampires will visit after these).

Also a side of Provoleta, this is a cheese you can have as a starter by itself, but I prefer it so be paired with my steak and chips. It comes on a hot plate so stays melted and hot for quite a while.


For dessert Dulce De Leche Cheesecake

This cheesecake is quite a thick and heavy dessert, so could be shared. The dulce de leche is marbled throughout the cheesecake and gives it a sweet taste of caramel. I asked for a side of the dulce de leche sauce as it just adds an extra sweet touch to it and this is by far my favourite caramel sauce.

If want to have a great evening (or lunch) out I can't recommend this restaurant enough, I have lost count of how many visits my husand and I have been here and all have been amazing experiences. Everytime you visit you are made to feel welcome and you will have a great evening. I have been lucky enough to try steak from all over the world including Texas and I still prefer this little red restaurant in Battersea.

Go check out their website or follow them on instagram if you wish to visit them or get a look at the see mouth watering meals they serve. santamariadelsur.com or instagram @stamariadelsur

Thanks for reading
Kara xx





No comments:

Post a Comment